Thursday, July 26, 2007

Contractorly Approved

I spent a few hours on Wednesday morning sawing some more of the Kitchen floor. I cut about fifty square feet, then spent some time cleaning up the saw dust before heading to work for the rest of the day.

Last night I went over to the house of a Contractor friend from Church. He was the one that originally turned me on to the idea of doing this myself. He'd been house bound for a while so I thought we'd sit around and chat about my progress. Nope, he grabbed his crutches and wanted to see my progress in person.

He told me that I needed to scrape up as much of the water damaged wood and put "copper green" on the area to prevent bug damage, and to water protect it in the future. He gave me some fix-it-all to fill in the wood that is removed so I have a flat surface after I'm done. He also offered to give me some of his used saw blades, so I wouldn't have to pay for any more. I'll try those out on Friday when I do some more sawing. He told me that I was doing a great job and am keeping it really clean as I go.

I spent Thursday night ripping out the flooring I cut out Wednesday morning.


As I got close to the Dishwasher I found out that there has definitely been some leaking going on under there. I am pretty sure that the particle board and plywood are completely dry, but it will need to be treated properly too.


Tomorrow afternoon another friend is coming over to help me move appliances and cabinets off of the remaining flooring so I can cut it and remove as much as possible.

No comments: