Sunday, August 12, 2007

De-Carpeting Continues

Tonight we pulled out another 100 square feet or so of carpet and matting.



The kids continue to do a fabulous job helping me with this project. My son has excellent staple removal technique and my daughter is great with a broom and dustpan.

All that remains to be removed from the living room floor is the carpet under the Piano and Desk. Moving the Piano isn't that big of a deal, we just have to clean up the knick-knacks on the top and move it out on the plywood. Moving the desk on the other hand is much more involved.

I am going to take the next couple of days off to order materials and make a good plan in order to be sure that everything is ready for Floorsday. We still aren't 100 percent sure which color we are going to go with, as you can see in the picture above, I am still trying to see what each of the colors look like in this environment. The underlying question is simply, are we trying to match it to something we have, or trying to set a foundation for a future color scheme. I am leaning towards the latter, so we want to be sure whatever we pick will work well with whatever paint colors and cabinet/counter top materials my wife wants to use in the kitchen. I have to decide on Monday so I can get it ordered and here in time to put it in.

No comments: