Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dumping my trash

We loaded up the trunk of the van to dump it today and it is amazing how something that looks so flat ends up taking up so much room in the van.




We were able to find a friendly dumpster that we could use to get rid of this trash.

I returned the unused portion of the flooring plywood to the man who said I could use as much as I wanted, but to bring back the left overs. While talking with him I realized that I need to go ahead and dismount the island from the kitchen floor and remove the flooring underneath and get rid of it as well. Then we can put a whole floor in and put the island back on top, if some future homeowners want to move the island, or put something different in, they will just have to undo whatever holds it down and clean up the holes that are left behind. They won't have to relay flooring etc. Of course, this future homeowner could be me, so I better do what's best now. The only "problem" is that there is an electrical feed for the outlet on the island, so we have to be careful moving it around, or figure out a way to store the wire under the floor until we need it, maybe tie a string to it and nail it in place or something. So, just like the Doomsday clock, I am resetting the percentage of floor demolition back to 95% until I can get the rest of the flooring up.

I am not sure when I will get to this, but I do need to take some time off from work before things get really crazy for some new product design we are doing.

No comments: