Monday, August 20, 2007

Patching Things Up

It may not look like much, but I patched up the water damaged area by the back door.



This area had some water damage that caused the top two layers of the plywood to be rotted and easily pried out with a screwdriver. Yesterday I scraped out as much of the rotted wood, exposing fresh good wood. I then applied a lot of copper green and let it dry for a day. I mixed some "Fix-It-All" with a lot of water and poured it in to the area that was scraped out. I used a trowel to level it out and let it dry. A few hours later it is pretty hard, by this weekend it should be completely solid and able to support the flooring.

I also mixed some of the same "Fix-It-All" with a lot less water and patched up the drywall on the other side of the sliding glass door.

No comments: