Friday, August 17, 2007

De-Carpeting Done!

We moved the piano off the last few square feet of carpet in the living room last night, and pulled it up. I set aside that piece for setting furniture or tools on when we are doing the install. I also went out to the carpet pile on the side of the house and picked through looking for some good segments, mostly those that still looked good and had obviously not been walked on or spilled on over the last 14 years.

We took the rest of the carpet, matting and molding to the friendly dumpster again, so I don't have a big pile of junk to deal with later.

Tomorrow my friend comes over to help pull up the island and the flooring underneath. I plan on setting the island out of the way so we can start the flooring and then put it over the new flooring (with carpet scrap underneath) temporarily while we continue flooring. I can then go back and put the island back down where it belongs. I am going to get some advice on the best way to put it back on the new flooring with the minimum damage in case some future owner wants to pull out the island do something different in that spot.

No comments: