Thursday, August 2, 2007

The other side of the Stucco

I had a few minutes tonight to bust out some of the stucco and verify that I could actually get to the plywood from the outside of the house.




As you can see, I just have to chip out a little stucco, then bend the chicken wire out of the way and I can get to the "outside of the house" side of the bad plywood. It seems pretty obvious that if the plywood isn't properly sealed and maybe even some sort of flashing put on it, the water that gets under the sliding glass door makes it right in to this piece of plywood.

Hopefully I can sneak in some more time to bust out more stucco and get ready to be 100 percent done with demolition. When it is all cleared out, I should be able to see pretty clearly how to put the new plywood back in.

No comments: