Monday, August 13, 2007

Flooring Materials Ordered

Well, I actually spent some serious cash on this project today. Let's just say I called to make sure my Disney card credit limit was high enough, we'll be enjoying those "free" Disney dollars in a few weeks at Disneyland after we get the floor put in. Even though we thought the color of the Dark-Brown / Yellow matched our piano and existing cabinets better, we went with the lighter color reddish stain instead. When I showed my wife a few pictures it became clear how much darker one was than the other. So, I have made my bed, now I must lie in it. I have to say, the guy at the flooring store gave me absolutely no comfort when I said "I'm still not sure if this is the right color" he just gave me that look like "What, am I supposed to be a mind reader and tell you what to do?" I finally said, yes, this is the one I want. The color is supposed to be "Harvest."



I went ahead and ordered the 3/8" plywood underlayment from them and all of the molding etc. so I should have all of the material on site well ahead of our scheduled installation day. My friend is coming next Saturday to help pull the island off the floor and remove the remaining tile/linoleum from underneath. Since putting down the plywood is not as precise a process as putting down the actual flooring, I am going to try to get some of that installed before the day we want to put the flooring in, that way the only thing we have to do is take our time and do the hardwood right.

No comments: